Icon Trend

Global Views on Trends for Fashion, Accessories, Interiors and more. From Sydney with Love.

Flamingos - Vintage Treasure Find, Sydney, Australia

Icon-Baby The Vintage Treasure Find: Large Flamingo wall-art, circa 1970.
Isn't it fantastic! I found this artwork from the 70s in Sydney, Australia.  It was love on first sight and I had-to-have it. The original owner had it in her shop, but didn't sell it. She treasured it too much and wanted to make sure that it would came into good hands! Well, they are now. Thank you again for trusting me with this one-of-a-kind vintage piece. I'm still looking for the perfect frame. I think a simple plexiglass top is the best solution. What do you think?

Icon-Baby The Vintage Treasure Find: Large Flamingo wall-art, circa 1970.
Flamingos are my favorite birds since I saw them in the wild in the Carmargue. This is the region located south of Arles, France, between the Mediterranean Sea and the two arms of the Rhône River delta. Here are some of my sketches I made when I was there. I also found a Flamingo feather, apparently very rare.
Flamingo Sketch - Sabine Warlich - Icon-Baby
Flamingo Sketch, Detail - Sabine Warlich - Icon-Baby

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...